MT. PROSPECT, Ill — Today, Bosch Power Tools, the global leader for power tools and power tool accessories, announced the launch of a new tool category for Bosch, drywall, with the GTB18V-45 18V Brushless 1/4-inch Hex Screwgun and GCU18V-30 18V Brushless Cut-Out Tool. The tools include the technology for precise performance in an ergonomic design for convenience and comfort. The GTB18V-45 18V includes variable speed for controlled operating speed and the GCU18V30 18V includes soft-start technology to reduce startup torque – both include brushless motor technology to provide the power user and get the job done when working with and cutting through drywall. They are designed for efficiency that brings the power of a corded product, without the cord.
"We are excited to break into the drywall category with two new tools, created to elevate the workers' user experience across drywall projects. The GTB18V-45 screw gun's well-balanced design allows users to operate it comfortably between thumb and index finger, while the GCU18V-30 cut-out tool features an ergonomic slim-grip designed to provide comfort when holding the product," said Corey Hinkel, product manager for Bosch Power Tools. "These tools, along with others on Bosch's growing 18V platform are designed to tackle industry issues head-on and prioritize the worker's needs through ease-of-use and saving time."
Features and Benefits
- XTEND Drive: Activates motor only when the bit senses pressure for increased runtime and less noise.
- Retractable Depth Gauge: User doesn't have to remove the depth gauge cone to reverse out a screw.
- Well Balanced Grip: Ideal for comfortably holding the tool, allowing the thumb and the index finger to control the operation.
- Variable Speed: Controls operating speed for precise tool performance.
- Auto-Feed Attachment (Sold Separately): GMA22 attachment is designed for the Bosch drywall screw gun to allow for fast repeatable fastening without having to load one screw at a time by hand.
- IP 5X-Rate Dust Resistant Switch: Helps prevent dust from getting into the switch.
- Dust Hood: Attaches to a vacuum to contain drywall while cutting.
- Convenience Brake: Quickly stops the tool.
- Soft-Start Technology: Reduces the startup torque.
The GTB18V-45 18V Brushless 1/4-inch. Hex Screwgun tool specifications include:
- No-load Speed [RPM]: 0-4,500
- Tool Length: 10.2 inches
- Tool Width: 2.7 inches
- Tool Height: 7.6 inches
- Chuck Size: 1/4-inch Hex
- Weight (Bare Tool): 2.1 Lbs."
The GCU18V-30 18V Brushless Cut-Out Tool specifications include:
- Voltage: 18V
- Speed: 30,000 RPM
- Cutting Depth: 1.77 inches
- IP Rating: IP 5X
- Dimensions: 10.24 inches X 3.2 inches X 3.9 inches
- Weight (Bare Tool): 2.1 Lbs.
The Bosch GTB18V-45N includes: 18V Brushless 1/4-inch. Hex Screwgun, (1) screwdriving bit and belt clip.
The kitted version GTB18V-45B15 includes: 18V Brushless 1/4-inch. Hex Screwgun, (1) GBA18V40 18V CORE18V lithium-ion 4.0 Ah compact battery, 18V Charger, (1) screwdriving bit, and belt clip.
The Bosch GCU18V-30N 18V Brushless Cut-Out Tool includes: Brushless cut-out tool, Dust Hood, (2) 1/8-inch bits, (1) 1/8-inch collet, (1) 5/32-inch collet, (1) 1/4-inch collet, footplate and belt clip.
The Bosch Power Tools GTB18V-45N (MSRP: $159.00) and GCU18V-30 (MSRP: $139.00) will be available at Lowe's in October 2022, with future additional retailer availability. The Auto-Feed Attachment (MSRP: $99.00) is sold separately and will be available at Lowe's in October 2022. For more information on the new impact wrenches and other Bosch Power Tools products, visit our new Press Room at pressroom.boschtools.com or connect with Bosch Power Tools on Facebook and Instagram.