July 1, 2021 – Chief Architect Software released today a new version of its architectural 3D home design software, Chief Architect X13. Chief Architect X13 offers powerful new features including real-time ray trace rendering that produces photo realistic results in less than 30 seconds. Chief Architect X13 select new features include:
- 3D Walkthroughs have a new preview panel so you can see and interact with the walkthrough before recording
- A new clay 3D rendering technique for abstract style views is available
- Advanced Framing features for horizontal framing, balloon walls, header placement, and corner framing control
- Construction Lines — create a column grid with callouts to reference between floors and elevations
- Cabinets have options for extended stiles, face frame overlap control, and face items can be dimensioned, including cabinet openings.
“In our newest version of Chief Architect, we spent a lot of time on 3D rendering – improving the speed, quality, and overall performance. While you’ve been able to generate immediate 3D renders for the past several years, you can now achieve photo quality renders in seconds – previously, that may have taken hours. In addition to 3D improvements, there’s been a lot of development in the area of framing, construction line grids, and detailed cabinet editing. All of these improvements are aimed at helping designers produce construction documents much more efficiently,” says Scott Harris, VP Sales and Marketing.
Chief Architect What’s New Video
A Summary Video of the new features is available at chiefarchitect.com/whats-new
Chief Architect X13 is available now for both Mac and Windows at chiefarchitect.com. Chief Architect Premier (for full residential design) sells for $2,995 and the Interiors version (for kitchen and bath designers) sells for $2,195. Both products can also be rented monthly for $199. The software includes one-year of support, free upgrades, catalog content downloads and discounts on additional licenses.
About Chief Architect Software
Chief Architect Software is a leading developer of 3D Architectural home design software for builders, designers, architects, and DIY home enthusiasts. Chief Architect uses smart building technology to create 3D renderings, construction documents and materials lists – a much faster design approach than traditional software. For the professional architectural and building market, it publishes the Chief Architect® product line – chiefarchitect.com For clients, it publishes the 3D Viewer™ on Apple / Android devices – chiefarchitect.com/products/3d-viewer.
Add new comment