TAMPA, Fla — Tampa Steel & Supply is proud to announce the launch of its latest product, FRP Rebar, a fiberglass rebar alternative designed to offer unmatched strength, durability, and resilience against harsh elements.
Steel rebar has been a staple in the construction industry, but it's not always the best solution, particularly for projects requiring enhanced durability and resistance to corrosion.
Introducing FRP Rebar, a glass fiber reinforced polymer (GFRP) engineered to provide superior performance for a diverse range of projects such as bridges, seawalls, piers, dams, power plants, low to mid-rise buildings, and flatwork in corrosive climates.
FRP Rebar is poised to revolutionize the industry by addressing common challenges associated with traditional steel rebar.
Distributed by Tampa Steel & Supply, the product has undergone rigorous evaluation through a partnership with SFTec, cementing its position as an industry leader.
With FRP Rebar, the industry can now enjoy the following:
- Enhanced strength: FRP Rebar offers two times the tensile strength of steel, guaranteeing reliable structural integrity.
- Extended longevity: Made from enduring, high-quality materials, FRP Rebar's lifespan significantly exceeds traditional steel rebar, making it a cost-effective solution in the long run.
- Superior resistance to elements: FRP Rebar remains impervious to water, salt, and chemicals, thus avoiding corrosion or oxidation.
- Minimal maintenance: Thanks to its durability and longevity, FRP Rebar reduces the costs associated with repairs and rehabilitation.
- Ease of handling: Despite its superior strength, FRP Rebar weighs just a quarter of steel rebar, making it easier to transport and install.
FRP Rebar FAQs
Can you bend it like steel rebar?
No, but you can order pre-shaped pieces in common shapes (spirals, stirrups, “V”, “L”, “U”, arcs, and echelons), which saves you time.
How do I tie the product together?
You can tie it with wire or zip ties — just like steel rebar!
Can I mix rebar with this?
Yes, you can mix products! A 50/50 blend will be superior to steel rebar alone.
When should I mix products?
Mix FRP Rebar where structural engineering requirements demand added flexibility.
Championing a powerful collaboration, Tampa Steel & Supply presents SFTec's SFT-Bar products, now ICC-ES Evaluated and certified through the ESR-5081 report on the ICC-ES® website. This certification solidifies SFTec Inc. SFT-Bar's adherence to the most advanced and rigorous requirements and codes, specifically tailored for GFRP utilization in concrete structures.
The launch of FRP Rebar heralds a new era of construction possibilities and efficiency bolstered by resilience and sustainability.
To further support the understanding and adoption of FRP Rebar, Tampa Steel & Supply offers Zoom or in-person presentations at lunch and learns. Please contact us to arrange a demonstration.